17 August 2009

Tottenham 2 - LFC 1



  1. We lost. I'm not alarmed. Even though the trend is that the serious contenders for the champion spot must not lose too much. Hmmm... Man.U lost 4 games and still won the league. hehehe... No. I shall not try to pacify myself nor justify what is a pathetic result for us.

  2. I have learned how to appreciate things when in a losing situation. That's what make a man becomes a real man. You respect your opponent's capability and perhaps, learn from the mistakes and when Tottenham come to visit Anfield, that's the time to show what you have learned, teach them back!!! And I must say, Tottenham fullbacks were really impressive.

  3. So impressive that they were the ones who won the game, not the strikers. Robbie Keane had three open chances to score but he replicate his failure during his short spell in Anfield tonight. Both of the goals were from set-pieces and was won even before the tallest man were introduced. Harry Redknapp's approach is a pure football recipe. Get tall lanky guys as your fullback and may be a bit of a skill too would be a bonus and during the set-pieces, get them in the opponent's box... then you'll get the result. It's a simple, pure football formula.

  4. But what about Liverpool? Aside from that sudden dashed from Glen Johnson... well.. he was anonymous most of the time. The worst would be Babel. Oh my God! He kept on losing the ball and can't even deliver a descent pass. Until the time of writing now, I still can't remember or memorised what was the system used by Rafa. Why must he changed things that has been proven last season? What's with having Gerrard playing almost every where on the pitch? Aren't Kuyt supposed to be our reliable right winger? Glen obviously need more time to adapt to the playing style. hmmm.... I shall not crucify my team simply because of one defeat. We keep it for later if we don't win against Stoke City...

  5. As I said earlier, I'm not alarmed with our first lost on our first game of the season. I'm sure we'll improve and forget about this game. Supporting Liverpool over the years has cost me not only my sanity and financial ability but also taught me to be a modest man. The team is not infested with primadonas, not a favourite to many sports news editor and the younger generation prefer not to be associated with a team so-called `the greats of the past'. But I will not changed a bit. I've just renewed my LSCM membership last Friday. I paid my dues to the club. And I'll keep on blogging about this team. No matter what. That's what a loyal fan is supposed to do.

  6. And now lets find a way to withstand all the mockery, teasing and banting tomorrow from our office mates...

13 comments:

hidayahnazri said...

there is no way out.. there'll always be those mockering voices.. it's everywhere! :(

YNWA said...

dissappointing to say the least..babel and lucas were shit..only after benayoun came on did Liverpool become lively..Overall, we deserved to lose with this kind of performance. I'm becoming more and more disillusioned with rafa's choice of players and game plan.

tombiruo said...

:)

tombiruo said...

At least u didn't blame it on ARSEnal, Chelsit or the SCUM... wakakaka

skywalker said...

go n get 1 proven striker rafa ...
let gerrard bosses the midfield ...
until the arrival of aquilani ...
lucas n babel? still in wonderland i guess ...

SwapNAVY said...

Its hurt Skrtel and Jamie....not concentrate with game..

why rafa bring on veronin(like triple x with his hair)it so bad

Babel and lucas like a villagers player..its so dissapointed..

Refree like a fat man was eating a hamburger..not alert with eye..hand ball and fault

overall this a first game..and its so early to make a decision..

Khan said...

This game would have decided for the need of a stronger squad...hopefully the owners give in and throw at Rafa abarrelful of cash!

No panic yet, of course. But two days to recuperate and beat Stoke City!

Come on you reds!!!!

Khan said...

Read this in comment section:

“The ref couldn’t have given Liverpool a late penalty because, like many people, he refused to believe that Voronin was on the pitch. ”

..funny la..

YNWA said...

Tombiruo,
MU weren't convincing either.They struggled against a newly promoted team. It's only a matter of time they will lose their first game. Expect it to be sooner rather than later.

kajang-today said...

let the truth be told..Babel, Voronin sucks...sell'em before its too late

tombiruo said...

YNWA,

of course MU was not convincing but I thought it was same last season n the season before. We will see who is going to win the title.

YNWA said...

Tombiruo,
We shall see, but mark my words, MU r not gonna win d premiership this season..

utusanlfc (Johardy Ibrahim) said...

I have warned you Tombiruo. My fello Kops here won't let you get away with murder!!! hehehe

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish
If we have them now, say farewell to Arsenal, Man.U and Chelsea... if...