- The closing date for the transfers market is another 2 weeks, regardless if many of the nation's respected league already started and first European Cup qualifying round will be tonight. That's why there's a new story propping all over the UK newspaper quoting `unnamed sources' from Catalan saying that since Barca failed to get Javier Mascherano, they are now turning to Albert Reira. Like what I have written in my analysis recently, it seems that the Spanish clubs are trying to take back all of its son of the soil players. At the time of my writing, there's yet any respond from Anfield. Surely they will deny it. Or Reira is roaring to go?
- I didn't bother to read the sports news yesterday. It was Monday, I need to avoid reading things that might destroy my mood for the whole week. It's a science of emotion. hahaha. That's why I didn't know Rafa was criticizing the ref for not allowing two penalty appeals. Well, what ever. I say Tottenham deserved the win.
- But it's as almost predictable, the football commentators and pundits alike, are focusing on one aspect that caused the Liverpool first defeat in their first game of the season : The departure of Xabi Alonso. I wanted to believe it, not simply because the articles were written nicely but it was obvious that Alonso's absence has weaken our midfield and couldn't support the front liners i.e Gerrard & Torres.
- Mascherano did well but remember, he is just one of the puzzle in our previous amazing midfield. Alonso fits them all. Now with that lousy Lucas, the midfield is a huge empty space that has turned to be a playground for our opponents to run riot!
- I am so disillusioned with Babel. He ought to go now. I don't know if Rafa has the same sentiment. Because Rafa tend to be the opposite when we talk about a bullshit player. He will protect his chosen player and hold on to him, what ever the fans said. Well, that's good. If the player is good. The lousy bad ones, just let them go. Starts with Babel, Lucas and Voronin.
18 August 2009
Now Barca wants Reira. What if we offer you Lucas & Babel?
Nice photo for advertisement purposes. If only Reira could be a little bit lethal on the pitch...