- Almost simultaneously, Liverpool did the transaction in Madrid to sale Xabi Alonso and in Italy, concluding the deal to take in Alberto Aquilani.
- According to the news report, it was highlighted about Aquilani's series of medical woes a la Michael Owen. hahaha... must we mention that scum?
- The good side, many English football writers acknowledge Aquilani's style of play as similar to Steven Gerrard. Meaning he is not an exchange like-for-like with Xabi. Well, it's expected. Not many can play as well as Xabi...
Below are some of the info that I gather for our knowledge on our new guy :
- He had an ankle surgery in May. So why worry, the problem has been repaired! hmmm...
- He wore No 8 in Roma. No way he'll get the same no in LFC. You know well who is the current owner.
- The 25-year-old will otherwise be encouraged to replicate the way he could become a major influence on Roma’s team in a move that should signal an even more attacking approach from Liverpool in the coming season.
- Aquilani only signed a new four-year deal with Roma worth £70,000 a week in May, following interest from Arsenal a few months earlier, but he has been enticed away by a five-year deal that will increase his weekly wage to £85,000.
- His eye for goal suggests he will link up with Gerrard just behind Fernando Torres, in a departure from last season’s favoured system of using Alonso and Javier Mascherano as midfield anchor men.
- He captained his country at Under 19 and Under 21 levels before establishing himself in the senior national side.