21 August 2009

Lets welcome Sotiris Kyrgiakos!


  1. I'm a bit belated to blog about Sotiris Kyrgiakos. Yesterday was a day you and I had a loud-day in mocking and teasing and condemning Manchester United fans. BURNED-LY! BURNED-LY! hihihi... I just downloaded the address of Burnley web site onto my facebook.

  2. At first, we understand Kyrgiakos (kir-gia-koz) was not those 5-star studded players that were in our dream team quest. We understood that due to the `crack at the back' mainly because of injuries incurred by our senior players i.e Agger, Skrtel and Carra himself... and since the club already sold off Arbeloa... Rafa had to find a replacement.

  3. Many of us might have thought that he would find some one from the Spain. Some one who could cost the company a fortune. Nonetheless, Rafa never failed to surprise us. Who would've guess that Rafa would go for a Greek player, 30 years old of age - and become our stalwart at the back. A friend asked me just now, is Kyrgiakos any good? I said (nonchalantly)... I don't know but if Rafa say so, I guess so lah.

  4. I shall not write any more about his background. All of that you can find it yourself in the Internet. I know that he is a tall chap and a body structured like an ancient Greek warrior... a prerequisite requirement to be a successfull fullback in the Premier League. On the same note, now we have a total of 4-5 different countries represented in the fullback line-up. Carra is English or Scouser. Skrtel is a Slovak. Agger is a Danish. May be he has those Vikings blood? And now, Kyrgiakos - a Greek Gladiator.

  5. For a £3 million pounds, some might say we got him at a bargain price. I say, we would only know about it when the season ends, not at the start. Similarly when Gerard Houllier acquired Samy Hyppia 10 years ago. He was an unknown entity in England but hey... look what he has become now. A legend among the Kops. Hopefully, the same unknown entity from Greece could emulate Hyppia, though I doubt it at 30 years old he could make that a big impact or not. But... until then.

No comments:

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish
If we have them now, say farewell to Arsenal, Man.U and Chelsea... if...