11 August 2009

Lucas to replace Alonso? Are you sure Rafa?

The most lowly-rated player in the Liverpool squad by the fans.

  1. Yesterday's news report really scared me off. You know... the one with ``Rafa put his trust on Lucas to replace Xabi Alonso''. Initially I wanted to ignore it and let other people to contemplate the scenario. But as time passes, I think I must say my piece. I am scared of that prospect!

  2. Time and time again Lucas Leiva has been a disappointment. I don't know if he's performance during the pre-season should be taken as a barometer of how he could deliver to the team but to replace Xabi's is one hell of a mountain to climb, no matter how sure is Rafa with him and no matter how sure Lucas is with his own ability.

  3. I guess Lucas is one of the rare Liverpool player that is unfortunate to be lowly-rated by his own fans. It's not because of his hairstyle or the way he run. It's just the fact that he yet to show his pure English-style of footballing... you must bleed when you hunting for the ball, run like a crazy African-marathon runner and flew the opponents in the air with your tackling. Which none of it was evident in Lucas's game. As yet.

  4. But as I've written before, we have to put our faith in Rafa's decision. If he trusted Lucas more than the fans, so be it. But I hope it would not be something to be regretted by January.

No comments:

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish
If we have them now, say farewell to Arsenal, Man.U and Chelsea... if...