29 March 2009

RIZAL TISIN : THE WHOLE OF MALAYSIA ARE PROUD OF YOU!

SYABAS RIZAL TISIN!

  1. Mohd Rizal Tisin made history to hand Malaysia their first ever world championships medal with bronze in a time of 1:01.658 in Pruszkow, Poland, on Friday.

  2. I saw the news a couple of nights ago but yesterday was a `family day' for me, thus I didn't bother to switch on the computer at all. But the interview with Rizal was really touching. It is surely a remarkable achievement by a Malaysian, physically short and small - compared to his European rivals but yet he managed to gain the bronze medal. This made him the 3rd best in the world in the sprint event.

  3. The TV interview, made me bursts with tears. Well, call me sentimental but I think it is appropriate to say that I am sharing his achievement and understand the sacrifices that he had to endure to be the top 3 sprinter cyclist in the world. Rizal dedicated his bronze to his mother who is not well at his family's home in Klang, Selangor. He was desperate for words and that made the whole episode stuck in my mind til today and prompted me to post about it - in this Liverpool blog. I think you guys won't mind because aside than our obsession with anything related to Liverpool Football Club, we could use some positive doses of our fellow Malaysian success in the general sporting event.

  4. To think about it, I have been postponing my return to cycling from one day to another. It has been nearly 6 months since I last cycle seriously, jungle tracking into one last hill of palm oil plantation a few km from my home. I noticed that the neighbouring plantation has been cleared since early of this year. hmmm... more homes to be built and become harder for mountain bikers like me. I am a bit reluctant to join the bigger groupings that really go cross country on their weekends. They may scaled up to a minimum of 40km to which I don't think I can sustained. The most I did was 12 km in a single shot. hahaha...

  5. Perhaps, with Rizal Tisin's win can give some inspiration for me to restart, to rejuvenate my cycling. Though he's on the track and mine is in the jungle, I hope I can return to my pedal in April. I sincerely hope I can. SYABAS RIZAL! You make us all proud!

No comments:

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish
If we have them now, say farewell to Arsenal, Man.U and Chelsea... if...