23 December 2011

READ ALL ABOUT LIVERPOOL FC IN UTUSAN MALAYSIA TOMORROW 24 DEC 2011


The past few days was extremely busy for me. Thus, making it impossible for me to update this blog as much as I would, especially with the ban on Luis Suarez and the lousy draw against Wigan Athletic. I had so many chores to attend to, and the other reason is to prepare the articles of my trip to Liverpool during the match against Queen's Park Rangers on December 10.

A buddy asked me why I was so slow in updating the blog. My only explanation is that I have to ensure that the main articles are to be published FIRST in Utusan Malaysia, then only the rest would be uploaded here. It cannot be the other way around. So at last, the articles plus photos, will be printed in Utusan Malaysia tomorrow, December 24 on page 32. Above is the photo of the lay-out.

Some of you who can read Bahasa Malaysia understand that the article is very much on the Standard Chartered Bank's story of why did they chose Liverpool FC as their investment partner. It is important to understand the dynamic that existed and blossomed between the two parties as the partnership were established. The articles are quoting the bank's Chairman, Sir John Peace and the Group's Head of Corporate Affairs, Gavin Laws who is instrumental in coming up with the idea to sponsor a football club and presented to the Board of Directors, who then ordered him to proceed, which then of course, ended up in a synergies relationship with the iconic football club of ours, Liverpool FC.


As I have stated in my previous posting, I was lucky enough to be selected in the media tour organised by the bank to visit the bank's HQ and received a VIP treatment in Melwood and Anfield. It was my 2nd trip to Anfield in as many years. Blimey I had the opportunity to witness 2 managers on the side ways. First it was Roy Hodgson in October 2010, where one Charlie Adams scored the winning goal for Blackpool. Funny he ended playing with us this season, and one of our latest favourite (even though he failed to convert the penalty on Wednesday). The win against QPR was so sweet because it was a win and scored by Luis Suarez. I just bought a Suarez's scarf outside the stadium for 7 pounds and it was a LUCKY SCARF after all.

So tomorrow, the articles would be the presentation post-visit by me. I hope it would be entertaining and educating for all of us, especially the Liverpool fans here in Malaysia. Personally, the 2 trips to Liverpool has elevated my passion to another level. Now I am dreaming of going for the 3rd trip next year. HO HO HO

No comments:

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish
If we have them now, say farewell to Arsenal, Man.U and Chelsea... if...