06 November 2008

West Bromwich Albion.... ohhh... be very afraid of the furious Reds !!!


Usually, I post the pre-match articles on Friday. But tonight in the office, I have another 2 hours to kill. So what do you do until then? Browse the Internet? DID THAT. Go hang around at the cafeteria? DON'T LIKE THAT. Start your engine and go M.I.A at the nearest mall? NEVER DO THAT. Go home silently? errr... DON'T HAVE THE BALLS TO DO THAT (hahaha...)

I guess - to the blog is what I shall do in this 2 hours or less. And I think it is better to do it now because tomorrow I will be busy with my truck. I'm sending it for oil change. It just registered 15,000km yesterday. So it is a 2nd service. You must be wondering why it took me 10 months to register 15k km? Well... as a motoring writer, I do get to drive other people's car and get to keep my own truck idle at home. That's the reason my mileage is so low even on a 10 month period. Then in the evening, I will be doing my mountain-biking. I hope it won't rain.

Then at 11pm, it's FUTSAL time. My gang restarted the game last week. But I was away so tomorrow night would be the 1st night for Jo Carragher playing.... hahaha (I hope it won't rain...)
So what do we know about WBA? Again, my knowledge about this team is limited. I did browse through their official web sites and there was a lot of stories quoting their manager. What? Can't other people speak to the media? hmmm... And of course I try to comprehend what kind of a team is this.

It appears that WBA is rich with history. They were among the founding members of the English FA. They were never great, not in the mould of Liverpool, Manure or Arsenal. WBA could be in the same category as Chelsea, if WBA got a filthy-rich Russian oligarch. Or we better put it this way, Chelsea could be in the same category as WBA, if not for the Russian money. Got it?

Currently, WBA stands second from bottom on 11 points and were 2 points off than Hotspur who beat Liverpool last week. They have conceded 18 goals and converted 10. Liverpool were broken 8 times and scored 16. If you're a mathematician or loves to gamble, just play around with those numbers.

My intention is solely to express that : on paper, we have all the advantage and superpower. We scored more and conceded less. That's why we're on top two of the league and WBA is the lowest two. Is this will be another Stoke City in waiting? That will be a big nuisance. When a team whose sole target is to grab 1 point by playing only 1 striker up front while the other 10 standing in front of the goal post, most of the time... Liverpool wouldn't know how to go about. I say it again, Stoke City is one heck of a team who utilised this tactic to a great effect. Can't blame them, can't simply cursed them for that.

Any coach will tell you, defending is an integral part of football tactics. You know your limitation, your players ability... against a top-notch team laden with international-proven players like LFC... so what do you do? You play dumb. You wait. You stand your ground. You flood the back with 5 defenders, 4 midfielders and if it's possible, two goalies at the goal post. Will WBA do the-Stoke City-act on us?

I hope Rafa has a game-plan for such a terrible tactic. We must know how to break the walls. To disrupt their game-plan. One best way is to score as early as we could (we did that against Stoke City, if not for the stupid ref who misjudged Kuyt's position).

And are we gonna see Torres return to the line-up? I thought we have done quite a good job winning the crucial games even without Torres playing. We beat Man. U and Chelsea without Torres. Of course, we were beaten by Hotspur and almost got beaten by Atletico without Torres.

Since WBA is a punching-beg... it's up to LFC to give the right jab or not...or hurting thems
elves?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jo,
with or without Torres,liverpool will win this one.Have faith in Rafa
Bob From Kuching

kajang-today said...

predict the score bro!
3-0, keane to open his account.torres to score a brace, denied his hattrick by some stupid referee.

rizal hashim said...

It appears...hmmm it appears WBA...this simply tells me that you were not really a football fan but merely a fan of Liverpool. WBA in the 80s were at their peak I reckon, for they had the likes of Bryan Robson in the centre, Brendon Batson at the back, Cyrille Regis in the frontline and Laurie Cunningham on the flanks with burly skipper John Wile holding the fort. Cunningham and Regis along with Forest's Viv Anderson broke barriers somewhat by becoming the first three blacks to don the England jersey. Cunningham later died in Spain in an automobile accident after a stint with Real Madrid. I guess you can rely on wikipedia for all these.

Today they are a shadow of their former selves but so is Liverpool hahahahaha

kajang-today said...

Rizal,
but then cunningham was a misfit for les meringues. He fled england similar to kelantan's dali omar who went down under amidst some controversy. Yeah, a misfit similar like Luther Blissett of Watford for AC Milan. A mistaken buy or perhaps mistaken identity.
WBA then are similar to present WBA.Mediocre. Note that they are without jersey sponsor. Who wants to be associated with losers?. While it may be true that Liverpool are a pale shadow of yesteryear's, they constantly mixed with the big boys in the title chase albeit a failed effort.
You consider a man in the street wearing a striped WBA jersey a football fan? or a Galatasaray jersey for that matter.

utusanlfc (Johardy Ibrahim) said...

elehhh... a football fan or a Liverpool fan? I chose Liverpool fan. Does it make me a sinner? I don't think so Rizal. What I produce in this posting is a true reflection of the current situation of football fan. We're not English. Of course our knowledge about those pre-historic football years is lousy (which I admitted sincerely in the 1st paragraph) and as a reborn Liverpool fan in 1998 (very recent and coincided with the boom of satellite TV here in Malaysia), WBA has never in the Premier League since. I don't think I should be ashame if I am lacked of ideas on WBA. Who does? To be cynical, one who self-proclaimed to be the `real football fan' must know how to play one. I hereby, challenge you Mr Rizal, to a match of futsal. Bring your mates (ensure they're not national footballers laa...) and I'll bring my officemates. We'll settle the score on the football picth once & for all.

Anonymous said...

Jo n kajang-today,
remember this You Will Never Walk Alone. I'm with you guys. Win or lose, liverpool still the BEST football club in the world.
Bob From Kuching

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish
If we have them now, say farewell to Arsenal, Man.U and Chelsea... if...