17 November 2008

GERRARD IS INJURED BUT CAPPELO DOESN'T BELIEVE A SCOUSE'S DOCTOR

2
ME INJURED? Of course I am - said Gerrard after he scored the second goal against Bolton last Saturday.


WHEN I read the story that Gerrard is injured and ``will be out for 7 to 10 days but should be fit for Fulham's game''... I cannot help but chuckled. This could be the one time in our life where we least afraid of his injury. We know his injury is not life threatening. But it could get aggravated if Capello forced him to play in the meaningless game on Wednesday in Germany. Capello has ordered Gerrard to travel 200-miles to England's Hertfordshire hotel to be assessed by FA medical staff. This one Italiano doesn't accept any diagnosis by the Scouse's own doctor!

The issue between the club vs country is a boring subject. I for once, had lost the interest to watch the England match. At World Cup level or Euro, I always being a fan of England. My justification is simple : it's the only team that I recognised by name and every each of them either the first 11 on the pitch or the rest on the bench... even up to the coaches!
This is because every week I watch EPL.

Some of my buddies confessed to be a German fan. Or Spain. But I know they hardly watch Bundesliga or La Liga. I know because majority of this bluffers sat with me til the wee hours at the mamak stall - after watching Liverpool, most of the time!

During the recent Euro, it was a big exception for me to throw my bets... since England was not qualified. So I opted for Spain. Another simple reason is that we have about 4 Liverpool players in it. Starting with Torres who started in the first 2 games and the final. Alonso was used periodically while Riena and Arbeloa was the permanent subs.

As I have told you guys before, that endeavour created lots of happy memories for me - especially in terms of monetary gain! It was the first time I won nearly RM2k on a single tournament. To think about it, I might have been a massive loser if England were in the tournament. I will surely put my money on them and they will collapsed in the quarter-finals. Always!

And during Ericsson and McClaren era, Gerrard's game was not really outstanding. Most people would prefer to forget his penalty-missed (together with Lampard etc etc...). So I guess, with or without Gerrard in the England squad, I'll take a pass. I'll rather save my slumber. I'll wait for the Fulham game. It would be more interesting, more entertaining.

4 comments:

Khan said...

Been a germany fan, am a germany fan, and will always be a germany fan ;-)

hidayahnazri said...

i'm a spain fan, i watch la liga every late at night :)

and.. 2k are you kidding me? :|

kajang-today said...

woi kaya tu 2K? ade lg balance to belanja us all?

utusanlfc (Johardy Ibrahim) said...

aku dah balun shopping beli baju/ jaket Liverpool kat Singapore. Lupakaaaa?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish
If we have them now, say farewell to Arsenal, Man.U and Chelsea... if...