11 October 2008

Welcome Sir Stanley Wu to our family

Below is a note written by Stanley Wu to me on Oct 10 (1 day ago) :

Stanley Wu has left a new comment on your post "I am a trucker...":

Ya...man...YNWA...Nice blog...u should be the LSCM supporter as well right?

Well, if possible, do visit my blog as well !!
http://zernel.blogspot.com/
Let shoot down Wigan next week !!

Guys,

I have walk not alone into Stanley's blog. He has the same template with me (must I change now?... hihihi) and wowseeee... he has some interesting memorabilia on Liverpool. And he offers it for sale to the highest bidder, I presumed.
Also some KFC items. hmmm... that part, I would have to study more. I think Stanley is turning his blog into semi-eBay. Good idea, man. In fact you do have some cool stuff.

Anyway, we welcome Stanley into our domain. Slowly but definitely we are gaining momentum in our Liverpool FC blogging. Let the music rolls...! (I'm listening to the Deep Purple and Gary Moore now... my God, I spend RM100 just to get the PLATINUM COLLECTION of Gary Moore a week before raya... speaking of recession and yet I spend like no tomorrow...)


But I supposed, it was more like a reminiscent of my teenage years. You and I grew with this songs. I never hide or shy by admitting one of the bands that I listen closely was SEARCH. Especially, mentari merah di ufuk timur. That song is a killer. The screaming, the high note, all were captured by its lead singer, Amy who is now a millionaire after successfully won the suit against his former record company (RM2 mil).

Gary Moore was introduced to me by my cousin, who just bought the cassette entitled errr.. I don't remember but the very album consisted the ultimate song of his, STILL GOT THE BLUES. I listen to the song night and day for 3 days, until my cousin left. Darned I didn't have sufficient money to buy the tape. My pocket money in the 1980's was RM5 per week. The cassette (pirated) is RM5. I have to save 3 weeks to ensure that I won't go starving in the school and yet still managed to own the album. My dad is a bit conservative. He'll allow me to listen to the bands that he already vetted. Unfortunately, Gary Moore is not in that category (don't ask me why as I never ask him why). So now you'll understand why I couldn't care a penny to purchase those expensive Cd's. Even the Deep Purple album is a CBU version, direct from USA and of course, it cost me RM99. But I know, the quality both of my collection will remain till the day I die or til one of my off springs wishes to hear (they might termed them as THE OLDIES...) In fact, I get pretty annoyed when some of my staffs mentioned `you're from the old school' when they heard some 1980's music in my truck. That was U2 and The QUEENS. Am I that old? Yaaa Freddy Mercury died but Bono is the ambassador of THE UN.

For all of you out there : THE CHILDREN OF THE 80's .... like me (hahaha...) we must cherish and shall never discard our glory days when Kylie Minogue was the hottest chick on MTV with her locomotion... when Milli Vanili (is the spelling correct?) was thought as a genuine act, when MEN AT WORK introduced us the down-under joke, when the Iron Maiden innovated the Churchill speech within their song... WE SHALL NEVER SURRENDER... (Madonna was still a virgin...and Michael Jackson was still black) and Rick Astley... wow I remember all of my buddies trying hard to emulate his hairstyle...



p/s I stole this from the net...

No comments:

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish
If we have them now, say farewell to Arsenal, Man.U and Chelsea... if...