11 October 2008

England vs Kazakstan (not interested...)


Aside from the World Cup Finals, other games that involved England national football team... be it WC Qualifying games or Euro or friendly - I'm not really interested anymore. I got a call from a friend asking me about the schedule of the game just now, but I couldn't answer it clearly. I read in the newspaper the game is tomorrow (Sunday midnight... Monday actually) but I wasn't sure because I wasn't really bothered.

Though LFC is represented by Steven Gerrard, I have learned the hard way not to be obsessed with England, like I do with Liverpool FC. Supporting England have caused me many anguished and frustration, even some monies too. I was a loyal supporter during Michael Owen and Emile Heskey's double act era. Now...? I am shifting my attention to the Spanish team. Do you know LFC is represented most in the Spanish team? They are 5 players in it, of course led by our own lethal striker, Fernando Torres.

Some of England's critics accused the whole funfair was caused by the media. It was more on publicity than actual chances. More nonsense about Beckhams. WAGS... and the managers too. Personally, I follow England is simply because England is the only team that I recognised and could name the first 11 players on the pitch and those on the bench, even up to the supporting staffs. It is because I watch EPL. That's why I know them all. How do you expect me to support other team, whom I know may be the most 5 players only (like Spain... hahaha...).

I think none of us have the right to declare our support to any particular team based on its reputation. Remember during the World Cup. Go ask anyone (including the ladies), the easy reply would be BRASIL! or GERMAN! But on what basis did they chose those teams? Zilt. It is simply because Brasil has been the world champion many many times. Brasil has the most talented players in their ranks... in particular Ronaldinho. However, many people tend to forget that Ronaldinho alone won't win Brasil the championship. That's what happened to Brasil eventually.

So I am more familiar with England. I know their weaknesses and strength. Unfortunately, based on my own analysis, England is so poor in the forward line-up. Wayne Rooney needs to be fed with beautiful crosses. Perhaps, the richness in midfield could do justice to Rooney though Lampard and Gerrard are well-known scorers themselves.

errr... enough of that. I have decided not to watch the game. May be next time, when England go against a much better team like German, France, Italy or Spain.
Not Kazakstan. hmmm....

3 comments:

rizal hashim said...

As pour moi, viva les bleus, mon ami

kajang-today said...

whoa! rizal can speak French now? Lemme translate for the benefit of us, Malaysian.
" As for me, hidup France, thank you"

utusanlfc (Johardy Ibrahim) said...

errr.... France will be beaten by the attack-minded game of Spanish team, led by Liverpool striker - Fernando Torres.

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish
If we have them now, say farewell to Arsenal, Man.U and Chelsea... if...