- A few stories came out about the necessity for Rafa to sell the players first before he can acquire new ones. My only question : why is he still linked to Gareth Barry?
- So he has to sell first. So a few names have been mentioned, in particular Daniel Agger and that Italian Dossena. Let me say it first, Dossena must go. But Agger? hmmm... For his age, Agger is definitely the ones we should keep for the future. Carragher wouldn't be that sharp after next season, so we must have a cover. We do have Skrtel at the moment but what happens if he gets injured? I doubt if our left & right flank in Arbeloa and Aurelio can do what Carra, Skrtel and Hyppia have been doing splendidly all this while. The two just don't have that enough heights, body built and toughness to be our last-man.
- The interesting point about Agger is his ability to score. I believe the only think that stop him from scoring more is that he is forbidden from doing so by Rafa. Remember the calamity against Wigan very early in the season. The ball was stolen from him by Zaki and as a direct counter-attack, Agger went for a solo-penetration into Wigan's penalty box and Kuyt scored the equaliser. We won the game scrappy but 3-2 is what fans like us have been craving. Massive anxiety, massive suspense!
- So I think it is important for Rafa to really really persuade Agger to stay.
- The thing about LFC being high-flying in March and a little bit out-of-composure in April, proved to be our liability now. The huge gap in goal tally between us and Man.U is now a mere 2 goals. Why? Remember that crazy Arsenal match? That stupid Geovanni goal? Those leaks must be stopped at all cost. We're meeting Newcastle next i.e Michael Owen. Based on their performance at the moment, there is no reason that Liverpool couldn't inflict more misery onto them. And most importantly, we must not let in the consolation goals. We must keep the goal advantage. It could be nasty by the end of May and having those advantage in goal-difference could help us somehow by then!
28 April 2009
RAFA NEED TO SELL FIRST. BUT SELL WHO?
No Alonso wasn't heading the ball. In fact, he was celebrating his thunderous kick into Hull City's net.