21 September 2008

LFC 0 - Stoke 0 -- The inevitable becomes a hard reality to swallow

Sorry Gerrard. The goal that was disallowed. Only the ref knew what was the reason and he will answer it to all of us in his later life.

wow... kajang-today and mylfc wasted no time to register their dismay on the inevitable result in Anfield which saw Stoke City successfully parked its freaking bus in front of its goalpost. I was a bit different. To turn off my anger, I took my wife and my 2 daughters for a joy-ride into the city after the game at midnight). I'm test-driving a Isuzu D-Max Hi-Def (which is the latest face lift) and the petrol is full for me to roam 40km into KL city and another 40km coming back to Shah Alam. By the time we reach home at 1.30am, the kids are fallen asleep and me... well, a bit sober. hahaha
*
Like them and most of you, me too had a high hope for LFC to win (what ever margin... be it 3-0 or 1-0.. as long as you get the precious 3 points) and we thought as early as the 2nd minutes, Stoke will face the reality of the Premier League and playing LFC is gonna be one hell of a game. Instead, it was one hell of a defence set up by those Stokes (and there was one Salif Diao... our former midfielder... he must have been laughing and held a massive self-satisfying moment as revenge is met with Rafa and Co.)
a
So are we gonna be mad at the ref for disallowing Gerrard's 100th goal? We should, aren't we? According to The Sun :

Gerrard's free-kick sailed past Thomas Sorensen after just two minutes.
But referee Andre Marriner ruled out the effort as his assistant appeared to think Dirk Kuyt was in an offside position.
TV replays later proved otherwise and Benitez blasted: "The disallowed goal was a key decision. If that had been allowed it would have been a much more open game.
"I have no idea why the goal was disallowed. The referee told Jamie Carragher that it had been his decision, not the linesman’s.
“But it was a massive mistake and nobody knows why the effort was ruled out.”

We should curse the ref. Why shouldn't we. But is it gonna help to turn the course of the game? No. Is it gonna help our mental health? Definitely no. So what now?
My advice to all of you (and myself to a certain extend), just accept this lousy outcome as one of those days. Yes, we beat Man.U any other day, but we can't even score against the likes of Stoke City. We dropped points unnecessarily. Accept it as the fact of football. Then only we can evaluate and cherish our own jewel : The Liverpool Football Club - to the fullest.
a
Next game is against Everton. This gonna be as crunchy as Man.U. We hated Man.U more (at least for non Liverpool residents like me... so the derby actually doesn't make enough sense to me... c'mon, why must you be bothered with that small club? Man.U is the real treat. Not those so-called people's club...) But I must admit. The derby always create strange level of playing. I'm yet to have the stats, but the derby is one of the most YELLOW CARDED & RED CARDED game in the English Premier League. Almost everybody had their memories. Gerrard had it. He even substituted midway (a very very peculiar things to happen in this modern life).
a
So guys, let last night's folly be bygone. The game between Man.U and Chelsea is about an hour to go. I'm not sure if I want to watch it. I think I should. But I also tempted to watch HBO. hahaha

3 comments:

kajang-today said...

i'm still pissed off, don't wanna talk about it hahaha
when liverpool failed us, it affect not only us but our cats, dogs and pigs as well. nuff said.

Khan said...

refs in england suck so badly the rest of the world should think twice of sending potential referees there to learn to become one.. Happens every year in the EPL and of course in the WC too, be it the senior WC or the youth.
As for LFC, Rafa should find a way to utilise the squad to overcome a team that park the bus in front of goal la...shooting from distance doesn't always work, especially when some players forget to put on their shooting boots..still pissed off by the way.

Anonymous said...

LFC fans,

I don't know abt you guys but Dossena is not the best replacement for Risse. The norwegian packs a killer left foot while Dossena is...not too sure why Benitez bought him. I still thought that Warnock who is now with Blackburn was a player or the future and I still dont understand why we sold him there. Aurelio is okay but I still rate Risse better. It is also a mystery why Reira was signed. I would've thought Liverpool would benefit with someone like Turkey's Senturk or Wigan's Amr Zaki who not only can add width but also scores goals.

We're too much dependant on Gerrard and Torres. Kuyt has not found his form. A good example would be Man City who scored 6 against Pourtsmouth with all goals coming from 6 different players. Their 6 goals is more than what Liverpol have managed in 5 games although they could've easily done that agst Stoke.

Everton is next and I am sure the blues are lifted by their coming from back draw agst Hull. Expect the midfeild to be hotly contested. Expect long balls. Expect Keane to score his first goal. Expect Liverpool to win :)

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish
If we have them now, say farewell to Arsenal, Man.U and Chelsea... if...