08 September 2008

I am a trucker...


Well, by now most of you must have known my day-job. Not that I'm saying I have a much better night-job! hahaha... whatever it means!
Admittedly, fasting month for Muslims is quite a challenging period. Not so much about not having any food to swallow, water to sip nor a cigar to burn during the daylight. But I think, personally, the lost of sleep is the toughest among all. Okay... okay... I'm guilty. Actually all Muslims are required and encouraged to double-up their religious practices in this holy month of Ramadan. I guess there will be a time soon for me to really... really fulfill that criteria and turn myself to be a devout one. At the moment, it's still a good 8 hours sleep is what I craving for! hehehehe...

After tarawikh, there is the frequent get together with my buddies in my neighbourhood. We will do what we do best. Enjoying our teh/ teh tarik plus cigarettes and occasionally mee maggi sup! Small wonder most of our bellies are ballooning, though the average age in the group is 37-39 years old. We're still young (in theory) but I consider ourselves to be the yuppies. Not that yuppie but in accordance to our limitation and happy livelihood.

We enjoy talking about cars. And fortunately, I think I am the focal point in the group. That is may be because of my position as a motoring writer also for my newspaper. SURPRISE? hahaha... mind you, I am the jack of all trade, master of none! Having been in this line since 1992, you could say I belong to the `dinosaur writers' i.e we think we're season writers but never get rich... hahaha. And I am the current car reviewer for SIGAP, Utusan Malaysia every Saturday.

If everything goes as plan, I could be writing for the online version of Utusan Malaysia anytime soon (I'm supposed to present my carbon copy to the online editor but my day-job is such a hassle that I kept on dragging my feet...).

So where does LiverpoolFC stand in my life? hahaha... simple. Automotive is my work (I get paid for learning the trade) and LFC is my passion (I paid to collect its merchandise...)

Such is the life that I have now, I even portray it on my ride. Oh yaa... I'm driving a truck. A pick-up truck to be precise. Isuzu D-Max. This is actually to compliment my other passion - biking. Yeah I own a Proton bike that cost me RM1000/. An amateur bike by its standard because those serious bikers owns a minimum of RM7K bike. Compare to mine, it could be considered a joke! So having a truck is to enable me to carry my `precious' bike to a particular destination. If I were to own a sedan, I still can carry it. But the specially built carrier would cost me additional RM3k and it made the car look ugly. So truck is my choice. Anyone fancy for a serious mountain biking, please invite me after Raya!


I installed an aluminium lid to cover the back. It cost me RM2k. Suppose to give me a certain aerodynamics when I push it hard on the highway. This is a 3,000 liter monster. You won't find it accelerating like Ferrari's. But on a straight road, it would be intimidating enough when you look at the back-mirror, this monster trailing you at close range!.... Chihuahua!!!

A closer look to the nice looking stickers at the back of the truck.


p/s A Happy Birthday wish especially to Miss Marsya on the 8th of September. May you never stop to improve yourself to be a better person.

6 comments:

kajang-today said...

nice 1K bike, nice truck and nicer stickers. cheers mate

rizal hashim said...

aku bonceng basikal aje lah...trak tu aku takut tengok...

utusanlfc (Johardy Ibrahim) said...

ko berdua ni memang nak kena ni. Kalau tak bagi remark ngok, memang tak sah. tapi tak pa. kahkahakahakahakahakahak

Khan said...

I have a bike too...one that does not make me go wheezing and gasping for breath after a ride. Hurrah for Honda...haha!

Anonymous said...

suzuki? how's about Triton

Stanley Wu said...

Ya...man...YNWA...
Nice blog...u should be the LSCM supporter as well right?

Well, if possible, do visit my blog as well !!
http://zernel.blogspot.com/

Let shoot down Wigan next week !!

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish
If we have them now, say farewell to Arsenal, Man.U and Chelsea... if...