- As ``promised'' after the defeat against Chelsea, I didn't really post anything in this blog. The after-effect of the loss could be somewhat frustrating, at least in terms of spirit for the fans. As everybody are fully aware, October 2009 could break or make our future in the league. Well, it started with Chelsea. Ok we lost it. Next is the crunch match against our arch-enemy, Man.U then a diversion of F.A Cup against Arsenal.
- Having said that, tomorrow night's match is nothing less of a threat. Against a resurging team of Sunderland, Liverpool must win to keep up the momentum of `taking care' the minnow teams.
- It has been confirmed that we lost Kyrgiakos for a minimum of 4 months due to his injury during the World Cup qualifying games. Imagine the headache. Kyrgiakos was bought as a replacement, a stand-in for the regulars. Now he is not available. Though it could be a silver-lining for Agger, who has been in the news again for a wrong headlines (some club wishes to pry him out in January window).
- There were some exaggerated news pertaining to Gerrard and Torres too, fortunately it was nothing more than a headline grabbing and far away from the truth. Both should be featured on Saturday.
- Another silly story which can also be terms as audacious was that Man.City is trying to lure Yossi Benayoun away, also in January window. It has been scoffed off by the player's manager. I have no doubt of our little Jew in this department. He has shown his ability and the fans like him. I like him. I like the way he changed the game, just the way he did at West Ham... just the reason why Liverpool bought him in the first place. Hopefully, Benayoun will start the game.
16 October 2009
LFC vs Sunderland 17 Oct 2009 at 10pm
In Singapore National Stadium on 26th July 2009. A trip to cherish. A small step towards Anfield.