04 October 2009

30mins to the match: I was a Chelsea fan...




  1. ABOUT a decade ago, I was very sure of myself in admitting Chelsea as my favourite team to watch. but not THE team. It's still Liverpool through & through. Let me explain. A decade ago, the Malaysian satellite TV and the world's satellite network was not as fancy as it is now.

  2. If the Malaysians can remember, we were subjected to the Astro own decision as to which matches they want to air LIVE. The issue would be extremely difficult if 2 Big Four teams were playing at the same time. Astro could only aired a single matches. That was a horror situation for me on every weekend because I had to pray and do the checking every Friday morning if Astro decided to broadcast Liverpool's game. One of the ways to remedy my anxiousness and frustrations is to opt for my 2nd favourite team. So if there wasn't any Liverpool match on air, I wont' be that distraught. So it was Chelsea.

  3. Why Chelsea? First, there's no way I would be a David Beckham fans. I was seriously a determined Liverpool fan when I spend my first RM100 on one LFC T-Shirt & a round-neck jersey famously wore by one Michael Owen. Secondly, Chelsea was never a threat. A decade ago, I believed it was called The Big 2. It was ManUre and Arsenal. After 2001, then it called The Big Three with the belatedly returned of the Jedi... in Gerard Houllier's team of 2001 Treble Cup Winning Team where in 2002, he managed to take Liverpool to a 2nd place in the Premier League. Third and lastly, Chelsea had assemble one of the entertaining squad with the likes of Gianfranco Zola (a wizard still is, though what is he doing in West Ham? He should manage a team like Fulham - the owner is not a rogue businessman like the Icelander bankrupt banker) and Hasselbaink (this Frenchy has a blistering right foot and he scored a lot with a killer drive outside of the penalty box...).

  4. So what happened now? Everything changed when Chelsea was bought over by that Russian oligarch chap. He changed the whole system, the whole outlook. Bought every player or any player he fancy and a manager with a big mouth. They won the cup. But me... I decided to lift the status of Chelsea from my 2nd favourite team and never had a 2nd choice since then. However, I must clarify a bit on that last point, my favourite second team is which ever team that could put a dent on any of Liverpool's Big Four rivals. Burnley was in the category for a few days. Sunderland last night almost made it. Man.City was a bit difficult because if we celebrate their winning against Arsenal, that means Man.City could also affect us. Wigan was a darling last week. hmmm....

  5. Sounds irrational and emotional to you? If you think I do, I suggest you be a fan of chess grand prix or something. Football is about irrational and emotional. One arm-chair commentator accused me of being blinded by those factors and ignore the tactical and the skills aspect. My answer is that unlike him who is not playing football and never answer my challenge for a futsal match - I leave that to the ones who wishes to do so. I might touch those things here & there but it won't be my total focus here in this blog. My approaches is fundamental, easy to read and personal. That may be a pull factor or a push factor in gaining some followers, to which I fully aware of. But to change the tone, the way I approach my readers... so that it would confirmed to what some people categorised as: a detail insight or analysis... I think I'll take a ran cheque on it. Brother, you have your ways - may be controversial occasionally and I respect that.

  6. But please let www.utusanLFC.blogspot.com become what it has become best known to the regulars. A blog that discuss on Liverpool and its rival with a total freedom of writing (as long it is acceptable under the Law and Rukunegara), with a deep personal touch, humour, cut & paste and bantamweights of mocking, teasing and cursing. I ain't gonna change a thing! hihihi...

  7. Ok enough with my babbling. Let's go watch the game. It's 10.52pm.

2 comments:

rizal hashim said...

YADDA YADDA YADDA YADDA YADDA YADDA PORAH CIT KAU BELASAH AKU EH...

utusanlfc (Johardy Ibrahim) said...

ehhh... mana ada???? hahahaha

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish
If we have them now, say farewell to Arsenal, Man.U and Chelsea... if...