17 August 2008

Torres 1 - Sunderland 0 (LFC GOAL ACCOUNT NO.1)

*



The game started 12.30am last night and ended at 2.30am. Luckily today is Sunday. If not, I might have thought it is another UCL game that usually forced us to stay awake until wee hours... And luckily we have Torres in this game that is just 7 minutes to be ended with a lousy draw.

Unfortunately, the combination of Torres & Keane is yet to strike as expected. There was a situation where Torres shot was `blocked' by Keane which was supposed to be the 1st goal of the game for LFC.
But for most of the time, Sunderland parked a tractor in front of its goal post. The tactic might have work as Torres and Keane had very few chances to go to the last mile, even to have a decent chances. Their mistake was to allow Torres grab the ball unchallenged and BANGGGG! it goes to the far right of the keeper.

I still see Alonso is very much a valuable player for LFC. He was good last night, in fact I strongly believe he is now returning to his very best. He had a long term injury last season that forced him out most of the time. He should stay. Barry... stay away.

Should I comment on Diouf? hmmm.... naaa... wasting my time. I have one similar character in my weekly futsal set-up. I can't really say he is in `my' team as the format is that 1st come 1st serve. So if you're the 1st 10 to arrive in the court, you divide yourself freely 5 against 5. No preferences, no bias. I usually choose to attack the left goal post as there is nobody sitting behind the goal post giving me awkward look and smirk.

So this fella will moan and complaint if he is tackled or mishandled... (well, we do play rough and hard in a futsal game...since showing skill is considered a sin). Last night, every time Diouf shouted, put his frustrated face, rising his hands... he just reminds me of this fella that I will be playing with again next Friday evening... hahaha...
7

3 comments:

rizal hashim said...

Hahahaha, that Diouf character is very interesting. Can i join u for futsal? And who told u I was in beijing...sini aje lah

utusanlfc (Johardy Ibrahim) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
utusanlfc (Johardy Ibrahim) said...

ok why not. Come over this Friday evening at 11pm. We are playing at futsal ground adjacent to the Selangor Kompleks Kebudayaan & Kesenian in Section 7, Shah Alam. It is like our homeground. Pls bring your own medical aids. hehehe

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish
If we have them now, say farewell to Arsenal, Man.U and Chelsea... if...