07 August 2008

hate politics, love football

Today in Kuala Lumpur (and the whole nation for that matter) are buzzing with a political/ crime event. The former Deputy Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has been charged in the Session Court for sodomy.
Why do I include this in my blog? Just to say that I am sad and totally flabbergasted with this case. It is a repeat of what had happened a decade ago. I was a rookie writer then. Those were the trying time for all of us. And today, the scenario couldn't be worst. The economy is bleak because of the hike on oil price. The stock exchange recorded the lowest transaction and the action plan by the government seems orthodox and won't help the economy to rejuvenate. And now, the political scenes is darkened with the latest sodomy case of Anwar. I say `darkened' is because with all this war, the nation won't be able to heal fast enough.

Personally, I put on hold all of my financial planning. No LCD tv for the new season as yet. No switching car to an MPV. All the luxury must wait for now.

My colleague just came back from Bangkok. To my delight, he brought me the new LFC away jersey. The grey colour. But to my amusement is that he bought 2 shirts. One stated Gerrard, another Torres. Usually, I will avoid those shirts with name. Now I have to let go one of it. I think I'll hold on to Torres, and may be sale Gerrard. The price is 400 bath. About RM39.
oh... I forgot to tell... most of the Bangkok merchandise is a knock-off items. Do you know how much the origional kit price over here? Do your math : 50 pounds x RM7. = RM350 (you can get about RM220 in the upscale adidas boutique). and compare to RM39 for a Made in Thailand jersey? hahaha.... don't blame me. Blame the exchange rate. Blame the global economy. Blame it all.

No comments:

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish
If we have them now, say farewell to Arsenal, Man.U and Chelsea... if...