20 August 2008

I've been left in limbo by Benitez and now I may have to quit Liverpool, admits Finnan

3

Last updated at 9:31 AM on 19th August 2008


Steve Finnan has admitted his Liverpool days are numbered and he may be forced to quit Anfield to enhance and extend his career with the Republic of Ireland.
The 32-year-old will add to his 50 Republic of Ireland caps in Norway tomorrow night after he was persuaded out of international retirement by new coach Giovanni Trapattoni.
But Finnan has had a disagreement with Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez after he tried to sell him behind his back as an original component in the Aston Villa Gareth Barry deal and he knows Benitez has less than two weeks to find the right deal for player and club.
Finnan said: 'You will have to ask the club and the manager what is happening. We have spoken but he didn't want to say too much.
'I am trying to get into the team but I have been fit for a month and I am just not playing any games.
'I suppose when the transfer window closes, we will know what is happening and if I do stay I will have to see if I can get into the team because obviously I want to play.
'You could say I am in limbo, that's about right. I have come out here to play international football which is obviously a very good level and that can only help.
'We'll have to wait and see what happens afterwards.
'We have a big squad at Liverpool and there is a lot of competition for places as you would expect at such a club and it is up to me to continue training hard and take my chance when I get it.'

utusanLFC :
Finnan is the epitome and the real symbol of `UNSUNG HERO'. He came in from Fulham without a fuzz (compare to Gareth Barry...) and made himself a utility, reliable player on the right back all this years. I totally respect Finnan for how good a player he has been and all the services he has endeared to us. SALUTE! SALUTE! SALUTE!

No comments:

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish
If we have them now, say farewell to Arsenal, Man.U and Chelsea... if...