03 August 2008

RANGER vs LFC : NGOG wowseeee...!

*
Ngog scored the second goal and this is no ordinary goal. It was full of confidence and accuracy. More like Anelka... fast, furious and highly skilled. But this fella is only 19.



Firstly, I didn't know if there's gonna be any live telecast of LFC friendly in the Malaysian satellite tv. I remember last season when I get to watch LFC vs Leverkusen. That was last year. So yesterday evening I was scrambling from one channel to another (and oh what a lousy programme ASTRO had on Sunday night - to allow people go elsewhere instead). And upon the SUPERSPORT channel my eyes were caught with this item : Rangers vs Liverpool. But there's no indication if it's a live or recorded version. Usually ASTRO would state those things. So I took a gamble. I waited for 2 hours for the game to start and meanwhile, I ran to a nearby market and got myself some fruits. The weather is so hot and fruits like orange, apples, dokong is good.

To my delight, it was a live telecast. And this is the 1st time I saw them wearing the grey jersey. On tv (with all the sunlights) from afar the jersey look like white. But in a single word, it is really a boring colour. I may be so used to the white away colour (since Reebok) and even accepted the black UCL color last season... and this year they will be wearing green. huh... I doubt if I ever entice to purchase one for my collection.

So the 1st half the game assemble what might be some clues to the 1st team (excluding Masherano and Babel who are in the Olympics now). The focus was on Keane. Our latest expensive striker. And of course Torres who didn't failed to fulfill his promises. He scored one and technically won the 1st half for the team. I'm not interested to comment on Keane though he didn't score before he was replaced in the 2nd half. As I have said, he is an accomplished and established striker. It is a matter of time before he open his goalscoring accounts with LFC. More than a few times did he show his 6th sense of passing beautifully, in particular to Torres. The understanding is good. It shows Keane's professionalism as he really comply to the instruction as a feeder for Torres. I'm sure when the premiership start, Keane will show what he did best during his lousy spell in Spurs.

One player I like to focus on now is David Ngog. This is the 1st time I watch him play since his transfer from PSG for a 1.5 mil pounds last month. And what a revelation! Mind you, I'm not easily excited with new players... just like when I saw Voronin... hehehe



The 19-year-old has signed a four-year contract with the Barclays Premier League club and will go straight into the first-team squad.
Ngog, who is the cousin of former Newcastle and current Olympique Lyonnais defender Jean-Alain Boumsong, struggled in an under-performing Paris St. Germain team last season as the French club barely maintained their Ligue 1 status.
He scored just once in 18 appearances but has been far more effective on the international stage at various levels for France.
The pacy forward has scored at every youth level for his country, including a brace against England Under-19s last season.
Ngog's arrival adds welcome reinforcement to manager Rafael Benitez's strikeforce following the departure of Peter Crouch, who was sold to Portsmouth.

How do I perceived him? I say he was like Anelka, less Torres. As you see, Torres is very much Owen-like... grab the ball and run to the goal mouth and shoot. I'm not saying its no good. It's one way of winning the game and to have a player who can terrorise opponents defence like Torres is more than we can hope for. But Ngog would give us that 2nd option. Intelligent, highly skilled and what a shot... It may be premature for me to comment based on his inaugural goal for LFC but he is really convincing and heartening. I now believed the quality we have in the team is enormous. Ngog will be a good option. I think Torres & Keane would be the 1st choice and Ngog will be the lethal secret-weapon. I suspect Ngog will need to adjust and learn fast how English game is played. The fullback has no hesitation to kick his heels. Those type of foul is a bit alien for the newcomers. Worst of all, he might just get injured.

A positive mention must also goes to Krisztian Nemeth. If I'm not mistaken, he has been the backbone of the Researve squad last season in winning the FA Cup. I'm not sure what is Rafa's plan with all his youngsters during this curtain raisers game. Apart from Ngog, is Rafa gonna put Nemeth, Damien Plessis in the starting 11? I hope at least they will be given fair chance in the FA or league tournament. They're good.

To all of you, watch David Ngog. He could be the next star player of Liverpool Football Club. Trust me.

For Malaysian viewers... watch another LFC friendly game against VĂ¥LERENGA on Supersports Channel 811 at 12.55am 6th August 2008.

*

No comments:

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish
If we have them now, say farewell to Arsenal, Man.U and Chelsea... if...