Fernando Torres has scored 12 goals in his last 11 league starts and 16 in his last 18 starts in all competitions. Total as of now : 24
- The Spanish striker is now two goals short of becoming the first Liverpool player since Robbie Fowler in 1995-96 to score 20 league goals in a season.
- Following his three goals in midweek he is aiming to become the first Liverpool player since Ian Rush in November 1982 to score a hat-trick in successive games.
- No Liverpool player has ever scored a hat-trick in three consecutive home games, or indeed in league games at Anfield.
- Torres became the first player to score three hat-tricks in a season for the Reds since Michael Owen in 2002-03. The last man to achieve more than three was Roger Hunt in 1961-62 who scored five.
- Ian Rush is the last Liverpool player to score three hat-tricks in a league season, doing so in 1983-84. It is a feat Torres is one short of achieving.
- The Reds have now scored six hat-tricks this season, for the first time since 1986-87. If they achieve one more it will be their best since 1946-47 when they notched seven.