21 March 2008

Djibril Cisse would welcome Liverpool return


By Vicki Hodges
Last Updated: 9:33am GMT 21/03/2008

Djibril Cisse has said he would welcome a return to English football and has not ruled out rejoining Liverpool.
The Marseille striker was sold by Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez to the French side two seasons ago, but the 26-year-old does not bear grudges against his former manager.
"I'm not unhappy with Rafa," Cisse said in the Sun. "I just respect his choice and it was his decision and I have to respect that."
Cisse was linked with a move back to the Premier League during January's transfer window with Manchester City and West Ham noting an interest in the French striker.
Although the former Auxerre frontman is committed to Marseille, he could be tempted to a return to England and even possibly a switch back to Anfield.
"You never know," Cisse said. "Things happen so fast and football is so unpredictable.
"Of course I would like to come back to the Premier League. For the moment I play for Marseille and I have to give 100 per cent."
Cisse feels he has unfinished business in the English game having seen his time at Liverpool marred by injury having broken his leg 19 matches into his Anfield career.
"Unfortunately I broke my leg when I was there and did not have a chance to prove myself."
Cisse managed 13 goals in 48 appearances for Liverpool before completing a £6 million switch to Marseille two years ago.

.
utusanLFC :

Put aside for awhile Torres. Lets chat about Cisse. When Houllier first announced his name and the difficulties to get him... the mystery and excitement of wanting to know who is Cisse increased dramatically. Then he is in Anfiled. But to the amusement of everyone, his arrival also marks the departure of Houllier. Everybody agreed that it is a matter of time before Rafa sacked him. But truthfully, Rafa did try his best to utilise Cisse. In fact, Cisse delivered to his best, in particular during the important games. He is unfortunate to be injured so many times. His portfolio in Anfield could have been longer if not for that. Cisse is good. My thoughts of him is clean, not the way I think of Diouf. hahaha...

No comments:

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish
If we have them now, say farewell to Arsenal, Man.U and Chelsea... if...