27 March 2008

RIISE READY TO QUIT ANFIELD


By Chris Burton

John Arne Riise admits he's becoming frustrated by a lack of first-team football at Liverpool.
The Norwegian defender has been a regular for the Reds since his switch from Monaco in 2001, but has found his opportunities restricted during the current campaign.
He has made just 26 starts in all competitions this season and has fallen behind fellow full-back Fabio Aurelio in the pecking order of late.
He is due for showdown talks with manager Rafa Benitez in the near future, but is prepared to leave the club at the end of the season if he does not get the guarantees he requires.
"I am not happy with the situation," he told the Norwegian media.
"I am used to playing in 80 per cent of all the games, but if I don't get to play as much as I want to I have to make a choice this summer as to whether I should stay or not.
"I just have to wait and see what will happen.
"Maybe he (Benitez) will offer me a new contract, maybe not.
"It's frustrating not knowing if you are going to play the next game or not."

No comments:

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish
If we have them now, say farewell to Arsenal, Man.U and Chelsea... if...