11 June 2008

SPAIN 4 - RUSSIA 1


In the 20th minute Liverpool’s No 9 latched on to Joan Capdevila’s forward pass and made a mug of Denis Kolodin.
As Russia keeper Igor Akinfeev ran to narrow the angle, Torres slid the ball back to Villa who rolled it into the empty net.
Simple. Brutal. And brilliantly effective. (The Sun UK)
.
utusanLFC :
it's like watching a Liverpool game... well,... a bit perhaps. May be the desire to watch Torres in action again. He didn't score but he was instrumental in providing David Villa path to score the 1st goal for Spain. It was enjoyable as Russia did try their best to inflict some shots towards the Spanish's net. But nature's rule. Malaysian satellite tv, Astro is still at a lousy phase. at about 1.05am, a heavy rain poured Shah Alam... where I stayed. Then the coverage is gone. I waited for 10 minutes when I got an SMS from a friend over in Cheras, some 35km away, informing me that Torres has been substituted. Since my only reason to watch Spain is to root for Torres and now he is no longer on the field, I decided to go to sleep early. So switch off the tv. Thanks to the rain and the lousy technology of Astro. Of course, this morning I check on the result and I saw that I have missed three goals in the 2nd half. Again, thanks to the lousy technology of Astro. Afterwards, I should be watching the goals highlights.

No comments:

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish
If we have them now, say farewell to Arsenal, Man.U and Chelsea... if...