10 January 2008

WELCOME TO LIVERPOOL FC.... MARTIN SKRTEL!



This is Martin Skrtel. Our new player. Hope he can help us at the back.

The Reds have agreed a fee of £6.5million for the Slovakian, which would make him the most expensive defender in their history.
Rafael Benitez has been tracking the stopper for three years and sent representatives to watch him play for Slovakia against Czech Republic in a Euro 2008 qualifier and for Zenit against Everton in the UEFA Cup.
And after impressing in those two games, Skrtel is now anxious for the move to be completed and admits to being nervous about the prospect of joining one of Europe's top sides.
"The last two weeks I have been in constant contact with my agent Karol Csonto," he told Plus.
"I hope everything will turn out well in the end, the dream will come true, and I will become a player for a famous club.
"It is most important that everything works out well, and I cannot wait to put pen to paper.
"I have realised that in all likelihood a new era of my life is beginning.
"I struggled to get any sleep on Saturday night, and I normally have no problems sleeping.
"I have been pondering what will be waiting for me there and how I will get used to the conditions."

No comments:

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish
If we have them now, say farewell to Arsenal, Man.U and Chelsea... if...