11 November 2007

MASCHERANO WANTS LIVERPOOL STAY

By Laura Slatcher

Javier Mascherano has urged Liverpool to make a decision on his future at the club within the next month.
The 23-year-old's loan is set to end next summer and he is keen to secure a permanent move to Merseyside.
Liverpool would have to pay around £17million for the Argentine midfielder who had a brief spell at West Ham last season.
Mascherano insists he would not stay in England if Liverpool failed to offer him a permanent deal.
"I want to stay with Liverpool and I have told everyone in the club I want to stay, but what the club wants to do is not my decision to make," he told the Sunday Mirror.

"I'd like Liverpool to tell me what their plans are in the next month because obviously I want to know what will be happening to me as soon as possible.
"I am calm and relaxed about it. From my point of view it is simple - I want to play for Liverpool, I want to sign a permanent deal. I have told Rafa Benitez this and he has told me he wants to keep me. Now the club must talk to my owners about a fee or tell me that they don't want me."
Mascherano is keen to stay at Anfield where he is building a midfield partnership with captain Steven Gerrard.
Barcelona are among the teams watching the situation closely and Mascherano says he will not consider playing for another English club.
He said: "I have had enough of travelling the world from club to club. I want roots, and I want them here in Liverpool. I don't want to move again next summer but if I do not sign for Liverpool then I will not play for another club in England. Not Manchester United, not Chelsea or Arsenal.
"The club created an opportunity for me which I am grateful for so no other English club will come into my thoughts.
"By staying here I will become a better player and that way I can help Liverpool to be more successful."

No comments:

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish
If we have them now, say farewell to Arsenal, Man.U and Chelsea... if...