19 February 2008

RAFA: I'M THE MAN FOR LIVERPOOL

Paul Eaton 19 February 2008

On the day of Liverpool's biggest match of the season manager Rafael Benitez has launched a passionate defence of his Anfield record and insisted he is the man to lead the Reds to more glory.
Saturday's Cup exit to Barnsley has led to much speculation over the manager's future but, despite admitting there have been setbacks this season, he is adamant progress will continue to be made under his leadership at the club. "I have a lot of confidence that I will stay here for a long time, because my commitment is 100% with the club and I am sure that we can improve," said the Anfield manager. "I think the club are 100% committed to me also. I don't have any suggestion the other way. "I have two years left on my contract and I'm sure I will be here for a long time. I have confidence I will be here for a long time and we will win trophies. "I am sure that I can win more titles for this club because I have a clear idea about what to do in the future. "We will need to change things. Maybe I will change things but it is clear I have the confidence to do it. "We have a lot of young players that are progressing. I know we need to improve in some areas, that is clear, and especially when you have bad comments you can see the character of everyone. "And that is a good thing for the future, to see how everyone responds to the problems." He added: "I understand why I am under pressure, but I'm surprised I am being asked the same question (on whether he needs to win the Champions League to save his job). "How many managers have won the Champions League one time? Tell me. How many have got to the final twice in three years or won it twice? Think about the top managers in the Premier League and their record. "When I arrived here it was 21 years without winning the Champions League and 15 years without winning the Premier League. Why? Now we know we are improving, seven finals in three years, but still we need to improve."

No comments:

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish
If we have them now, say farewell to Arsenal, Man.U and Chelsea... if...