15 February 2008

LUCAS REVEALS INTER SNUB

Lucas Leiva has revealed he turned down Liverpool's Champions League opponents Intern Milan to move to Anfield.
Liverpool won the race to sign Lucas last summer from Gremio after a number of top clubs across Europe had expressed an interest in his services.
And the midfielder says he has no regrets about choosing the Reds ahead of Inter and is hoping to knock the Italians out of Europe when they meet next week in their last-16 Champions League clash.
"I am the kind of person who likes a challenge," Lucas told the club's official magazine.
"I was in a fortunate position at Gremio because I had achieved some success and I was made a lot of very interesting offers - offers which would have made a lot of money.
"Some of them were in Spain and it's true I had an enquiry from Inter Milan too.
"They were all famous clubs but the Liverpool option stood out from the first moment I heard of their interest.
"I had heard of them back in Brazil and we saw a lot of Premier League matches so I was aware of what the manager was building here at the club.
"I was interested in what they had to say from the first moment. My father and my agent came across here to speak to Liverpool and they were very impressed with everything.
"For me it was only a sporting project and a club that would help me meet my ambitions and allow me to help them achieve theirs.
"I could have gone to Spain or Italy and it would have been more like I am used to. But I want to make the most of my career and I want to challenge myself.
"I have friends from the international team at Inter, Cesar and Maicon are great players and I will enjoy playing against them.
"But I would much rather play for Liverpool than Inter. That was my decision then and it would be the same if I had to make it again."
Lucas is confident Liverpool can overcome Inter when the two sides lock horns.
He added: "I think we have the tools to beat Inter, but it will be an exciting game and my first time - hopefully - playing at the San Siro."

No comments:

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish
If we have them now, say farewell to Arsenal, Man.U and Chelsea... if...