07 December 2007

Reading vs LFC

Reading manager Steve Coppell

Liverpool are the visitors to the Madejski Stadium on Saturday and Coppell insisted the tricky problem of trying to get the better of Rafa Benitez's superstars was uppermost on his mind.
He said: "In the world of football, my job is more or less duplicated week by week and all I am interested is trying to beat Liverpool. I have got a job here. I'm not going anywhere. I'm here, I'm staying."
Coppell admitted he had little idea what side Liverpool would field as they have a crucial Champions League fixture in Marseille three days later and Benitez is a compulsive player-rotator anyway.
"I'm sure Rafa knows what his strongest team is but his second strongest is not far behind," Coppell said.
"They have invested to cope with these games. In a matter of a few days, they can change half a dozen players but there will be a few constants.
"If (goalkeeper Jose) Reina is fit, he will play in both, (Jamie) Carragher seems to be one he doesn't like losing too often and is the real core of the defence and Steven Gerrard wants to play every game.
"But this is one of those games I feel we can't lose because they are one of the elite teams and games against them are not going to decide our future.
"That will be against the other teams so anything we get will be a bonus."


No comments:

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish
If we have them now, say farewell to Arsenal, Man.U and Chelsea... if...