- Prior to the game, many of us would have expect a sure win for Liverpool. But who would score? Because aside than Torres, we really have striking issues. Fortunately, it was Gerrard. And he's double open the others (the goal-shy fellas) to emulate. The first half was horrible for Liverpool. Well... after a torrid week of Le Tour de Europe, some of them look a bit slower than the usual.
- One thing was clear, it was the inclusion of Benayoun that changed our luck. Not to say Kuyt was the blunder (and hopefully his injury is just temporary and be available for Atletico match). I must also comment on Aqulaini. Now we start to see bit by bit he's real value. It's never too late because he will be good for Liverpool next season, if he stays fit majority of the season.
- What anger me most last night was not the match, the ref, the pitch or even the players. It was the freaking weird TV commentator. I didn't get his name because I am a bit pissed off. He mentioned that Burnley was unfortunate to let in the first goal. Then he repeated it again when Gerrard blazed his screamer onto the left side of Burnley goal.
- Fine. Burnley was dominating but nothing can be deemed as `life threatening' effort, because none of their players could beat Pepe Reina. But the TV commentator repeated the same sentences... ``Bad Luck... simply Bad Luck. The score didn't give Burnley a fair assessment by the way they play...''. Excuse me Mr Bias, you can say it once or twice but when Babel scored Liverpool's fourth goal, those words confirmed you as a `bias dim-witted S.O.B.' Who is in the right mind to say ``4-0 is not fair to a side that plays better''? Jose Morinho, may be!
- Burnley play better. But in football, no matter how good you control the ball, it mean nothing if you don't freaking score. Ask Mr Arsene Wenger. He knows very well of that theory. Liverpool may have played one of their lousy game, but remember the fact that they had just travel to Spain via ferry, buses and train. Then go against a formidable opponent in Atletico Madrid's den. Rushing back, luckily with a flight available at last to face the Burned-really team.
- Any team that scored four is a manifestation of a good team, in actuality. Because even when you play lousy, but managed to score... that's just fine with me.
26 April 2010
Burnley 0 - LFC 4 (when TV commentators became annoying!)
Bunley should have more respect towards Gerrard and not trying to spark anger in him. After 1st half of taunting by the crowd, Gerrard returned the fire with a double... so are you talking to me?