27 May 2008

Torres snubs Chelsea bid


By PHIL THOMAS
Published: Today

FERNANDO TORRES shot down Chelsea’s hopes of a £50million raid and insisted: I want to become an Anfield legend.
The Liverpool striker fired 32 goals in his first year in England after a club record £21.5m move from Atletico Madrid.
It sparked claims Chelsea were preparing to test the nerve of Anfield’s power brokers with a world record swoop.
But the Spanish hitman, now preparing to lead his country’s bid for Euro 2008 glory, has no plans to pack his bags.
Torres, 24, said: “I feel very confident here. This is my team, my city and Anfield is my pitch. I feel very good.
“This was only my first season at Liverpool and I want to play better for many more yet. I’ve only had one good one and I’m very proud of the comparisons, but now is not the moment.
“It’s very important for me to make the fans happy. We play football to give them enjoyment. I think they love me and I love them.”
Torres has become a Kop cult hero — but the man himself thinks comparisons with greats like Kenny Dalglish, Robbie Fowler and Steven Gerrard are way too soon.
He added: “I was with Kenny Dalglish the other week and you could see on people’s faces how much of a hero he is. I want everyone to remember me in 20 years’ time.”

No comments:

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

EVA MENDEZ IS A KOP?

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish

The GOLDEN Team of Kenny Daglish
If we have them now, say farewell to Arsenal, Man.U and Chelsea... if...