- Many would prefer to dwell on the blunder made by Pepe Reina, to give Arsenal the lucky 1 point in the evidently surprising performances by the Liverpool squad who were down to 10 men after the 2nd half due to the dismissal of Joe Cole a few minutes before the interval.
- I don't like to blame Reina for that one blunder, it's a one off thing from our number one. He might excused himself for being late to intercept the corner ball. Well, let it be. One thing for sure, the game was exhilarating and never failed to made us sat on the edge of the sofa (it happened to me!)
- It was a night to forget for Joe Cole. Everybody be it fans alike, even the former fans in Chelsea were looking forward what kind of impact he might bring to Anfield. Unfortunately, that silly tackled and that obnoxious ref, abruptly ended Cole's game and we have to wait for another three games before he can be reproduced into the first team.
- There were so many things to comment. As many of you would agree, Javier Mascherano was instrumental in the match. He assisted David Ngog for that unexpected-goal strike from him. Boy! The more we want this French kid to leave (to West Brom) the more he scored... hahaha
- Another alive & kicking and convincing new lad is of course, Mr Jovanovic. He is so strong. He successfully outmanoeuvred three young Arsenal defenders and managed to hold on to the ball. Perfect! We want that kind of tough guys. That is the virtue that has been constructed in the original Liverpool DNA as proven by our own Captain Steven Gerrard (who stopped Arshavin so many times with his bulldozing technique) and Jamie Carragher no-nonsense clear-off the ball.
- At first, I never thought Liverpool could muster a lively attack as soon as Joe Cole is red-carded. But with 10 men, Liverpool was different in the 2nd half and scored! Of course, the continuous attack by the two Arsenal subs, changed the whole scenario. We could have both of them locked outfield. But somehow the new manager decided to rest Javier Mascherano and brought in Lucas Leiva (I thought he is already sold...).
- It's not a doom & gloom prospect season for Liverpool. Based on the performances against those Arsenal kids, Liverpool can absolutely mount a serious challenge to any team this season. Wait til you guys see what Fernando Torres could inflict on them, when he is 100% fit. You just wait!
16 August 2010
LFC 1 - Arsenal 1
Javier Mascherano... please stay in Liverpool...